Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Rain or Shine!


Don’t you just love it when you have some really awesome plans but the weather just won't let you be great? That was almost my Saturday. 

(aren't they some cutie's..lol)

The most important event on my list was taking my sweet girls to the ballet of Cinderella feat. the Nashville Symphony @ TPAC here in Nashville, TN. I think I was more excited than my girls to see the production. (I just love the arts!)
So, when it was time to get dressed, I realized that it was pretty dark outside to be 12-noon. So, I peeped outside and it had started to rain. Uggh, that definitely washed any efforts out of curling my hair. However, my wardrobe wasn't going to suffer.  

Nothing says "Bring it on, Rain!" like a fierce, rain coat/jacket and this Nadia Clear Vinyl Jacket for Mynt1792 fit the bill. This jacket is sold out, as I got it a couple years ago. I don’t know why I have such a love for things that are transparent, it may be that I'm always needing clarity and understanding in life in general but, that is another subject entirely. (I can never stay on task..lol ) The vinyl is kind of stiff, as you could imagine but, it's seems to be more manageable the more I wear it. The jacket comes with an attachable hood and longer sleeves but I can't bend my arms with sleeves on and the hood is simply awkward but I haven't tried to work with it much. Continuing with the theme I paired the jacket with a mesh spot t-shirt which I layered over a black, midi, dress. To complete the look, I wore a pair of rugged bottom booties, I cannot express enough how much I looovvvee these booties. They are the most comfortable pair of boots I own, they are great for slick surfaces and they gave more of the edgier look I was going for. Hope you like the look :)




How do you dress for a rainy forecast?
  
Nadia Clear Vinyl Jacket | MYNT1792
V-Neck Midi Dress | Ashley Stewart
Bootie | JUSTFAB





No comments:

Post a Comment